250 g. fresh asparagus spears (one bunch)
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
olive oil for frying
- Wash asparagus and pat dry with paper towel
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a wide bowl or plate. Mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- Lightly coat asparagus in flour, then dip in egg and finally, coat in breadcrumb mixture. Ensure asparagus is coated evenly. Repeat process with remaining spears. Set aside
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Cook asparagus until golden. Transfer to the plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately with a side of garlic and herb mayo (or ranch dressing like we did!) for dipping.
Garlic and herb mayo
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T finely chopped parsley
1 T finely chopped chives.
We didn't even wait to get it to the table to eat it. As one pan finished cooking we noshed on it while waiting on the next. It was DEEE-lickity!!